Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whoopsie Poopsie!

As weird as this posting might be, some of the moms out there might understand where I'm coming from when they read this. From what I read throughout my pregnancy, I THOUGHT that a breastfed baby was supposed to have more dirty diapers than a formula fed one... according to my pediatrician, this is not the case. Breastfed babies tend to have less dirty diapers and can sometimes even go up to a week before having a BM. Awesome - this is where the HUGE blow outs come in.

For awhile (and when I say 'awhile' I mean... the past couple of weeks) Brook and I have just assumed that Cohen has my genes when it comes to our digestive system. He's gassy like his daddy, but it could be several days before you see anything besides a hundred wet diapers. It worried me, but Cohen's Dr. keeps telling us it is totally normal as he is growing. Anyway - he had gone almost four days before having anything in his diaper and Cohen loves to choose the PERFECT time to let it all go! We were out celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday and having a nice dinner with family and friends when I looked over at Cohen's car seat and noticed that there was something yellow-ish on it. I immediately looked at Brook's plate to see if he had anything from his meal that may have spilled. Nothing...

Huh - what in the world is that? Wait a second... gross! I opened up Cohen's blanket and WHOA - it was all there waiting for me. probably a week of built up awesomeness left for me to clean up in a public restroom. We weren't prepared at all! I used to keep extra clothes and blankets in his diaper bag, but have given up on them since he was growing so fast that I needed to get the newborn sized clothing out and had yet to replace them with the 0-3 month sizes. My bad! Cohen had blown through his diaper, onesie, shorts and blanket...did i mention, the awesomeness of this? I spent the next 15 minutes using every wipe in the diaper bag to clean up his legs, butt and clothes.

The very next day, he was at it again. We took a trip to Menards on Sunday afternoon to grab some home improvement essentials and a few sale items from their newspaper ad. I had him in a front carrier the entire time, just chillin' as we strolled through the aisles. As we were checking out, I felt a little rumble and thought nothing of it, then more and much much bigger rumbles as he let out a big 'ol SIGH. Uh oh. I started laughing, hoping that we could just get him in the car and get home quick. Just incase, I wanted to check it out to see if it would be an emergency melt down as we drive across town. Little C just gave me some raised eyebrows as I quickly realized he had blown through his diaper once again and it was about to come through his bodysuit. Luckily, we made it home and into the nursery before he started to fuss about his dirty attire. Needless to say, laundry was done ASAP after that one!

What really lead me to write this blog about Cohen's last few days was our trip to the local YMCA this morning. I did my usual routine, fed Cohen, changed him and quickly fled to the gym so that I know I have at least two hours of 'me' time to get whatever I need to done while the ladies at the Kids Cove watch him. He was sleeping as we arrived so I knew it would be another easy day for them to watch. As I finished my workout and headed back to the Cove to pick him up, I noticed that his diaper bag was moved from the little lockers and brought into the play area. The two ladies working there were just staring at him and snickering. I started thinking... oh great - what happened?! As I walk up... I see my son in a light pink onesie. He was fast asleep and all bundled in to his car seat, ready to go. I looked back up and the women started laughing. One of them started to tell me that she heard him farting a little bit so she had picked him up to change him. Apparently, she decided to take the diaper off a little too quickly and Cohen had blown out, without a diaper on. She said he had not only gotten poop all over the changing station, the walls and himself... he managed to get it in her hair! I immediately started laughing, then appologized - but come on, even I know better than to let him go diaperless after a few toots!

Cohen: 3 ... Us: 0

Here are a few photos to share the laugh. Cohen will hate me when he's older and I have proof out in cyberspace that he was put in a pink onesie in public... that will be my blackmail when he's older, finally settling the score :o)

Thumbs up mom! Check out my sweet new outfit!

"I was like... oh no you DIDN'T take my diaper off... pssh!"

Wait... are you actually zooming in. Stop. Now.

Now this is more like it!

For the record: I'm a tiger, not a princess in pink.

Enough with the pictures... it's almost my nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment