Friday, July 29, 2011

Welcome back to reality :o)

I suppose it is about time that I update this blog.... whoops - its been 5.5 weeks since our little one was born and way too long since coming back to this site to update my fellow readers/stalkers ;o) hehe.
Looks like I won't have much time to write up crazy long stories or rant about the new parenthood life that has been thrown at us, but I'll try to update much more often, with more photos and tips and tricks of what we're learning along the way. AKA... I can only do what I have time for, between feedings, naps and a child screaming in the next room.

Here's what you've missed so far:

Cohen Christopher Richardson was born on June 21, 2011 - yes, the first day of Summer! What a great way to start off the season, with a newborn - stuck inside the house while we get through the heat wave of the Summer months. It has been such a blessing - although I miss the sunshine and the feeling of a sauna when I walk outside to let the dog out, I see this as an excuse for another year without skin cancer! I would most likely be hanging out at a friend's pool, soaking up the sun in baby oil and bronzer instead of SPF 30+ or staying inside like I should. So - thank you in advance, Cohen, for keeping us safely indoors, and pale as hell :o)

Just a couple of hours old. Proud Daddy holding his son :o)
Daddy dressing Cohen before we leave the hospital.

Holding Daddy's hand
Already liking a 'binky' - YIKES!
All wrapped up and ready to rock 'n roll.
 
First car ride home.

Cohen gets to meet his big brother, Cody...


And now... here come the last few weeks:

First tummy time (cheating on the Boppy pillow)

Cohen got this awesome owl hat from our friend Amy! Love!!

He's just chillin'

3 weeks old - hanging out on the changing table.
That's all for now - more photos and updates will come later. Now it's time for Mommy to get on her treadmill and try to burn off the large thighs that decided to stick around after this pregnancy was over!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya'...new babies=no tan...awesome! ...or to put a positive spin on it, as you did...no skin cancer! :P

    ReplyDelete