Friday, June 17, 2011

Playing the waiting game

Aww...
Just wanted to do a quick update of this week. Week 39 has come and ALMOST gone - and still nothing. I keep getting phone calls and text messages for people, which I totally appreciate - but I'm much more impatient than they are and I just keep telling them 'no news really means... NO NEWS!'

I finally had my week 39 check up. Lost 3lbs since last week (must have been retaining water for the last month like crazy) and my blood pressure was abnormally high for the first time of this entire pregnancy. It was a hot day yesterday, and I spent some time outside in the sun. I'm not in the medical field or anything, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary of how I felt... even though the doctors started asking me tons of questions, trying to rule out preeclampsia. Just to be on the safe side, I had my blood drawn for tests and am collecting my urine for 24 hours. Gross. Once I started actually paying attention, I realized that even though I was going to the bathroom a million times yesterday, nothing much was coming out. Not to mention, my urine was really dark for all of the water I had been consuming throughout the day.

At this appointment, I am progressing - but nothing too exciting. I am dilated 2cm, 50% effaced and Baby is at 0 station. We're finally engaged! Maybe this means I'll stop feeling the banging around in there while the head was floating. It was still a little disappointing to hear that I am only at 2cm, but that is better than still being stuck at 1cm - which is where I was a month ago. I keep telling the LO that we're running out of time and on deadlines here, so lets kick it into gear and get the show on the road. Literally. Once Baby R has arrived, we have weddings to attend. July 2 is officially 2 weeks away and I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into!

Brook and I spent the evening trimming tree branches and loading them in the truck to take out to the landfill. When I say that WE were working... I mean Brook. I wasn't trimming, just dragging branches across the yard trying to keep myself busy. Otherwise I'd be pacing the house looking for something to do with myself. I could do laundry, maybe clean - but I'm not that type of nester. I'm more of a cooking/baking type and we don't have room in the fridge. Not to mention, my urine is being stored in there :o) mmMMmm

No photos have been taken lately. So I have no belly updates. I guess I could take them myself, but maybe I'll take one tonight and post tomorrow. Probably not ;o) hehe I'll just add a few images from our pregnancy photoshoot a few weeks back. Kelli Jo Heimer is awesome - and even though it was raining out when we were doing outdoor shots - it was still a bunch of fun. We had photos taken in Nora Springs, Iowa. This is the town I grew up in, and where KJ lives - so we spent some time in the park, in her studio and by some good 'ol fashioned grain bins. I love them - I just can't pick which ones I like the most to actually purchase!

Heart. 
My favorite book as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment