Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Time has been flying by... Cohen is already 10 weeks old and had his 2 month check up on Brook and I's 2 year anniversary. Not only has 2 years gone by super fast (it feels like just last month I was in a wedding dress, hugging people I didn't know :oP hehe), but the last 2 months of mommyhood has gone by faster than I expected. In a way, I feel like our little Cohen has been with us the entire time, but then again I can't believe he's 10 weeks old... makes me feel that much older ;o)

Cohen's 1 month check up went really well - so well ... that I kind of forgot to update you. My memory has been more focused on when I last fed him and trying to remember to eat myself. I had a million questions for the pediatrician for month one. I can imagine how annoying I was, but I'm sure the Dr. hears this all of the time. Then again, maybe she doesn't... we do live in Ottumwa (only joking...seriously). For month two, I had one concern. Cohen has a bit of an issue with his right eye. Every morning it is caked in goobers and throughout the day I have to clean it out after napping sessions. It comes and goes for how severe it is on a daily basis, but I wasn't sure if it was caused by allergies or just from being a newborn, new to all of the elements. She confirmed that he probably just has a smaller tear duct that hasn't fully developed and will grow with him. We should just give it a few more months and he will probably get it all figured out. If not, we're keeping an eye on it!

Little C is... well, little. He's gaining weight, and is very healthy - but is still on the skinny side for a baby. The nurses said we have homework to do b/c they'd much rather give shots to a baby with chubby thighs than to skinny chicken legs like he currently has. Oh well - he's cute as a button to me and if the Dr. has no worries about his weight/size, then I don't! I'm just glad I can gradually get used to his weight gain because even at his current stats, he gets heavy after awhile to handle!

Here are his current growth stats (I will update this once I find the rest of the stats!)
  • Birth: 
    • 7 lbs. 9 oz.
    • 21" long
    • head: 36 cm
  • 1 Week: 
    • 7 lbs. 1 oz. 
    • 21" long
  • 1 Month: 
    • 8 lbs. 1 oz. 
    • 21 1/2" long
  • 2 Months: 
    • 10 lbs. 7 1/2 oz. (10%)
    • 23 3/4" long (25-50%)
    • head: 15 1/2" (25-50%)


7 week toes!

sleepy boy

Don't you dare take my binky!

He has such skinny legs :o)

Business in the front

Proof that he's cranky every once in awhile

Cohen's favorite part of the day - walking with daddy!

First official family photo (including Cody this time)

Tiny smirk... he'll be such a big flirt

Twins.

Grandpa and Grandma Bahnsen came to visit :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment