Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Under Construction: Day 22

We've made a little more progress since last week. We've been busy taping and mudding the drywall and ceiling. Turns out, that handy little shop vac attachment was a life saver! It didn't suck up all of the dust, but it got the majority of it - so I'm happy with that. I haven't done much of the work this week, so Brook will need the big pat on the back for such a great job he did. You can't even tell where the seams are and it was his first time ever with a project like this! My job will be matching the texture to the exterior walls of the bathroom. We have a custom plaster that is hard to do, but apparently being a designer automatically qualifies me. Yippee! To be honest, I'll be glad to finally have a job that is all mine. I've been working on a lot of this project, but the majority of the work has been done by Brook - because I'm not quite measuring up to the same endurance as I used to be pre-pregnancy. I get winded and dizzy every once in awhile - and have to go chill out for a minute or two.

Now that the walls and the 'building' process are complete... I'll be taking charge of the textured walls, painting and finishing them, as well as the tile. The job will go by a lot faster if one person is laying tile while the other is cutting. Tiling and grouting is my specialty, so cutting will be Brook. Lets just hope we can get it all up and finished before I lose interest and want to move on to something else! :o) Just kidding.

Photos below are the progress of progress since last week. Spent 4 days mudding and sanding the walls. Texture, primer and paint went on today. Cabinets are now in the room, but not yet installed.


Double vanity as you walk in. Fillers will be placed between the wall and right side of vanity as well as between the linen cabinet and left side of vanity.

Part of the linen cabinet. With the fillers in place, this vanity will be about 82" long!

View to the right of the doorway. The unfinished walls will be covered with tile.

Two vanity lights will go above mirror. 









Shower is plumbed!
















Next on our list is to start the butcher block countertop. We will measure and cut it out tomorrow to fit the cabinet, then the 8 day process of sealing it will begin on Wednesday.
Also this week we will probably install the heated flooring and use a self-leveling mortar to make sure the tiles don't crack from the difference of space between the under layment and the wiring. Then we'll start the tiling process! Probably one night on the floor, and another on the walls. We are creating a diamond design, so it takes a bit longer to do - but will be worth it in the end.

Hopefully this will be done early next week so we can schedule the professional to come in and measure for the glass panels which will surround the shower/tub. We will also install our granite wall caps to the half wall (whenever they are cut and ready to pick up).

I know I keep repeating myself here, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. This week will be a big one in progress if we actually get things done :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment