Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby Richie update

OK... I swear this will be my last post for today! We've been so busy with the remodel of the bathroom - that I never get to actually post about any updates with this little creature growing inside of me!

According to my iPhone App "What to Expect When You're Expecting" I am 17 weeks and 2 days and this baby is the size of a sweet potato (5.5 inches and .5 oz). There is no longer a 'is she gaining weight or is she pregnant' question anymore. At least with the closer friends that see me, they definitely can tell. Strangers at the YMCA on the other hand, probably just look at me like I ate a few too many fudge pieces at Xmas time. Either way, yes - sweets are my enemy and they never seem to go away - but I am getting bigger. A LOT bigger. I feel a little uncomfortable in my normal clothes, and definitely can tell a difference in my body shape on a daily basis. I'm not a fan of feeling 'big' so I'm not sure how the next 5 months are going to go. Hopefully once I get past the stage where I am just starting to show and am actually more round... things will get better!

I've been working out a bit more, but definitely notice a change in my motivation. I need to keep making myself get on that treadmill and bicycle or stair stepper and just stay there. I might start breaking out the Wii and just do things at home if I can actually find any sort of motivation to press play and have Jillian Michaels yell at me on a daily basis. Maybe I'll start that tomorrow! :o)

Baby Richie is supposedly able to now hear loud noises (great for demo in this bathroom) and it is said that if the baby can get used to these loud noises, they won't be startled as much as newborns. IF this is true, we're in luck! Our dog Cody just loves to make lots and lots of noise, so Baby will be plenty prepared before coming into this world! Cody has actually gotten a lot better in the last few months and is probably just annoyed with how much we're working on the house to do anything other than pout at the front window. Whenever that doorbell rings or someone is here to visit, Cody is right there barking until he has just enough attention (which usually lasts about 3-5 minutes). Let's hope for the best here. I'm not sure we can train him to not bark after 2 years of letting him do it, but we'll try!

I had my 4 week check up on Tuesday and everything was normal. The doctor actually had a hard time keeping track of where Baby was moving. He/She seems to be very active, so I can't wait to see the ultrasound next week so that we can visually see the baby moving, kicking and punching. Sometime in the next few weeks I am supposed to start feeling those punches, so I'd like to see what I'm dealing with to know just how hard these right hooks are going to be.

Someday I'll get photos posted of this belly. I keep putting it off and then somehow we're already into week 17 without a single photo! I promise... this will be done. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment