Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Where did March go?

Oh my gosh... I just realized that I haven't posted since March 8th! My bad.

It has been so long, I can't even remember what we've done in the last few weeks :o) We had yet another ultrasound last week and got to see the little one in in action. Baby R was caught on the ultrasound taking a big gulp! It was pretty cool to see, but of course it was only for a second - I blinked - and it was over. Bummer.

After a few measurements were taken, we had the all clear from the doctor that Baby R is growing just as it needs to be. I'm finally growing as well, not that I'm ready to see the scale creep up. According to the ultrasound images, Baby R is still feet down. Nothing to worry about just yet, but we did have to sit down and talk options of a possible C-section if he/she decides to stay put. Not cool, considering I'm planning on doing this delivery as natural as possible. So the last few months we're going to be coaching the little one and just hoping that it will turn! I've read that babies usually will turn on their own between 37 and 40 weeks, so we'll see what happens.

I had the option of getting my glucola test over with that day as well, so I went for it. Drinking something that resembles a warm Mr. Freeze pop on sugar steroids and one hour later my blood was tested. It resulted in a normal range for sugar levels and I was told I have nothing to worry about. Phew! Turns out, no matter how much sugar I consume, I'll be OK. I kind of wish I had a reason not to eat cookies and Easter goodies, but bring them on :o)

I'm feeling the baby kicking multiples times throughout the day and he/she just happens to love punching my ribs at night. Last Sunday I woke up to what I thought was an earthquake going on inside of me. It must have been the baby punching with both arms from side to side screaming, "Let me out of here!" It was entertaining, but definitely frightening at first. Playing punching bag isn't going to be much fun as the baby gets stronger, but if it means we're developing and staying on track - I can handle it. I think!

In the past few weeks we have been doing a little traveling. We spent St. Patty's day (actually weekend) celebrating with friends and watching the river turn green. This year we stayed at the Sheraton Hotel downtown and actually watched the neon green coloring be dumped and spread out with the boats from our hotel room. It was pretty cool to see, especially not having to be standing outside in the cold weather! We did some shopping, bar hopping and ate at Giordanos. AMAZING pizza place that is famous for their stuffed crust pizza. Yum. It was well worth a long drive and a great weekend out of Ottumwa with friends.

The photos below were taken on March 22nd. I was 27 weeks, 1 day. Not too much has changed since then (at least my weight hasn't in the last week) but I feel MUCH MUCH MUCH larger and round this week! It is definitely starting to get uncomfortable to sit - sleep - breathe. Just a few more months....sigh.

Side shot... 27w 1d

Front shot... 27w 1d

Where did my abs go?
 The abs went away just as fast as the month of March I think! Tomorrow (March 31st) is my big brother's birthday! We'll be celebrating at a wine and chocolate fundraiser for the Jefferson County Hospital. Wine tasting for Brook, chocolate for me! I better get in a few extra minutes on the treadmill before we go :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment