Friday, December 14, 2012

Here We Go Again...




We're expecting our 2nd Child!

That's right...Baby #2 will be due right around Cohen's 2nd birthday, so this summer will be rather busy for us. I've decided to try to keep up my blog with progress of this pregnancy and some possible photos to come. We're announcing on our blog only, due to the craze of social media... so please keep your comments to this blog, and do not post to Facebook/Twitter/etc. I'm ready to share with some of you... but not the world. I know of only a handful that actually keep up with me on here... and you've been waiting for me to finally update, so here it is...

I had an ultrasound done on week 10. Brook and I were able to hear the speedy little heartbeat and get a quick glimpse at the little bean. Baby was twisting and turning, so the Dr. could hardly get any pictures for us to take home. We ended up with only two photos, and I'm pretty sure it is my baby's behind. We're just passed the 1st trimester and I've already been mooned by my child! Other than that, everything looks great so far!


Baby.Two.Update

  • How far along?: 13 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: Georgia Peach!
  • Total weight gain/loss: +5ish
  • The Bump: It's rounding out...bigger than the first go-around!
  • Symptoms: no longer feeling exhausted or too tired to move. I'm also not constantly starving (THANK GOOOOODNESS!)
  • Food Cravings: Always... chocolate, chocolate, chocolate...and carbs. Nothing different than before pregnancy though :)
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Only if I take a vitamin before eating.
  • Sleep: Not doing so hot on this front. Waking up multiple times a night, sometimes not able to go back to sleep.
  • What I miss: The energy to exercise. I don't want to get out of bed in the morning, or workout before bed...so I miss the motivation to do so during the day. I also miss a casual glass of wine. Our wine club shipments are delivered, our bottles are starting to add up, and I'm not allowed to do anything but open them up and pour a glass for guests...lame.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On. The usual... both are on during the day and I only wear my wedding band at night.
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: Not really. I downloaded an app on my cell phone to help find favorites, but we haven't even come close to talking about ideas and names yet.
  • Gender Prediction: I've been thinking girl, only because this pregnancy is completely opposite of my first. I'd be excited either way - if we have a boy... all clothes and toys are set already. If we have a girl, we get to go shopping. Everyone wins!
  • Movement: I don't think so. I feel flutters here and there, but I assume those are just my organs moving.. not actual baby kicking and rolling. Who knows.
  • Maternity Clothes: Some. Mine are still borrowed out to a friend at the moment, so I've purchased a few nicer shirts for work in case my regular clothes no longer fit. I have some new pants (non-maternity) in one size larger to get me by a few more months. Guess it depends on how I carry this one.
  • Labor Signs: None.
  • Best Moment of the Week: Xmas shopping for Cohen and new baby. We're currently looking into a twin bed for Cohen, or purchasing a 2nd crib so that both kids can grow with their own set. Cohen also got a 'baseball' chair and ottoman for an early Xmas gift. He already LOVES it!
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Feeling the baby move and Cohen understanding that a new baby brother or sister is coming.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment